Friday, November 14, 2008

Nu har vi vært et år i danmark!

Yep, this week mark's a year. Hard to believe, it really does seem to have gone very quickly.

Of course, as is usual in my life, it all happened in a rush. From applying for the position here in Copenhagen to arriving was all done in four weeks.

In that time, I had to say goodbye to everyone back in Australia, pack up the house, organise visas, organise travel etc. It was like a dream but I still remember coming into land at Kastrup and when water gave way to the runway. Suddenly my thoughts were, 'WTF have I done!!' :) It must have been the twelve hours sleep I'd had on the plane after not much of it in a month.

Suddenly, I was sane again.

But, what an experience, what a thrill. Sometimes you just have to hop in and go for a ride.

4 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

I have missed your posts the last couple of weeks... :o) But Tillykke med din første Årsdag!

And I know what you mean about taking the chances.... we close our eyes, JUMP and just pray the landing is not too painful.

I think we both think our "landing" into Danish life has been pretty great.. only a few bumps, but for the most part, pretty painless. :o)

Mads and I are headed to Gøteborg today...my first taste of Scandinavia outside of DK...wonder if they really do speak with Mashed potatoes in their mouths like the Danes say they do! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yay! So any celebration?

DreaminginDanish said...

Congrats! Yeah I had the break down right before I got on the plane in JFK. But here we are - none worse for the wear :) Tillykke!

May said...

Seeing how I had to spend years doing what you did in a matter of weeks, I have to say that you were very brave and cheers to a little insanity here and then. :)

Congratulations on your one year moving to Denmark anniversary!