Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I do like to be beside the seaside...


I think that post that turned into a cross between not-fitting-in-to-a-new-country and homesickness thread must have got to be because I found this picture yesterday in my iPhotos I took a year or so ago and suddenly started thinking about holidays in Byron Bay and the gorgeous beaches. I wasn’t down, per se, just the light, the colour of the water and the sea bought back pangs of good times gone.

Coming from the second coldest city in Australia, heading up North is very common in the long Melbourne winters (or they used to be so). Byron Bay is our favourite. So yesterday, when I gazed at this picture, I thought a lot about it. That was until I found this article, concerning the next town down from Byron Bay, this morning, and suddenly Danish beaches (and they have some great ones) look just as good, in spite of a few degrees difference in temperature.

I’m looking forward to a summer swim in (relatively) safe waters. I can cope with drowning (I guess) but not…other things.

No comments: