Sunday, May 11, 2008

Goodbye my old faithful


This is my old faithful mobile phone.

I am not a gadget person, as you can probably tell by the age of this mobile. It has served me well and been through the washing machine three times. Yes, three times, which is a good advertisement for the maker. The screen is barely readable because there’s a lot of lint stuck on it but the phone soldiers on.

Tomorrow, 12th May, my contract with Telia.dk ends. I can renew it and, at the same time, get a new phone in the process. I think I will do that because I’m in the mood for a change.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is a public holiday, all but the last until Christmas I’m afraid. So, because it is a public holiday, I went in to Telia yesterday morning to see what my options were. Yes, I could get a new phone. Could I perhaps get it today (Saturday) because Monday is a public holiday? No. I have to go in on Tuesday.

It would obviously have dire consequences for Telia if I got it two days earlier.

3 comments:

N said...

What kind of phone do you want to get?

kimananda said...

I look forward to the post tomorrow on your new gadget! :-)

NotQuiteDanish said...

Bluefish: Whatever the cheapest, nicest looking Nokia is :)

Kimananda: It won't be till the weekend after next now - I'm away on the weekend and Telia are always closed by the time I get there during the week. So hopefully, Old Faithful will go the distance...