Monday, October 13, 2008

A nice relaxing Sunday/night




After a walk and throw of the ball on Saturday, I let Hamish play with it in the house for a while. I thought he was particularly quiet and went to check. I found a 20 crown sized piece of the above ball on the floor but not the rest of it. He looked very sheepish and I immediately knew he’d devoured all but that piece.

Consequently, much of yesterday was spent examining ‘exiting material’ on our trips outside, which were many. At least it’s coming out because I was wondering if he’d suffer some sort of blockage. I suspect more is to come, judging by the surprise that met me on the floor this morning - something he never does.

Iit’s not how I planned to spend my Sunday.or morning before work today.

Why do they do it?

5 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

We took albert to the hundeskov yesterday and I am quite sure every dog residing in Herning was there... sounds like we all were taking advantage of the great weather!

NotQuiteDanish said...

I'm sure it would have been, athough I don't like to think about the catastrophic 4 hour (ish) drive I would have had there, had I decided to take Hamish!

Melissa Lauterbach Barrett said...

My old dog Buddy - doggy God rest his soul - ate this exact same toy only in blue and pink. And I didn't really believe it at first until - well - I saw it on the lawn.

NotQuiteDanish said...

melissa: Well I won't be buying another one of those. Plus it really wasn't heavy - or solid - enough. Thankfully I have just arrived home and there are no surprises. At times like this, I really miss our (own) back garden!

May said...

Because dogs are dorks. I'm always amazed at what Lia (my 6 month old Belgian Shepherd) deems edible.