Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Who turned out the lights?

1630hr/4.30pm today


We turned back the clocks on Saturday night and, while the mornings are suddenly a wee bit lighter (not for long) darkness has set in pretty quickly at night. This pic is 1630hr from my office window. And, it's decidedly chillier all of a sudden - like minus at night. Suddenly, I understand why everyone has autumn and winter coats. I'm about to ditch the autumn one soon if this keeps up! BTW. It's 6.30pm / 1830hr and it's gone from 10 to 2C :(

9 comments:

DreaminginDanish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DreaminginDanish said...

Amen...i'm so sad that we're already at that point that I've been dreading since I got on the plane from NYC in August. Gosh-- this SUCKS!!

Paula said...

You have a great view from your window. Funnily, I like the darkness. Its just so vastly different from the constant blazing sun back home.

NotQuiteDanish said...

Indra: I adjust, but it just seems like it happened overnight...

Paula: I like it too. What's thrown me is that it seems to have happened in...minutes! And you're right about back 'home'. Same with mine and already in Melbourne, it's summer in spring...

Kelli Nørgaard said...

at least I know that it is not just those of us in Jylland that are FREEZING!!

Now I can see if all these WARM FASHION statements I brought to DK really work! LOL

Bear said...

it's snowing in london!

NotQuiteDanish said...

kelli: It seems to be getting colder by the minute.

Bear: I can't believe it was snowing in London. - This early????

Bear said...

at the beginning of the month it was like summer, now it's like the depths of winter. damn global warming shennigans ;)

kimananda said...

Yep, every year the sudden mid-afternoon darkness is a shock. I feel your pain.