Monday, March 30, 2009

The park is full of surprises



So far this year there’s not been that much to laugh about. Apart from everything else I’ve written about, I also had a DKK 7,500 bill from the tandlæge. However, I did get a good laugh yesterday.

We organised to meet a friend and her dog at Frederiksberg gardens to have a run around with Hamish. The dogs had a ball (literally) for around two hours and were absolutely exhausted by the end.

When we go to the park, we take a few of those black doggy poo bags and stuff one with treats.

NQDII asked both dogs if they’d like a treat.

Tails wagged at a million miles an hour.

‘Okay,’ said NQDII. ‘Here you go.’

And put his hand into the bag to get them.

While his hand was still in he said quizzically. ‘That’s odd, these strip things have melted or something.’

Or something.

Our friend and I looked perplexed until a mortified look settled on NQDII’s face.

‘Oh nooooooooo! I’ve got my hand in dog shit!’

Poor NQDII… What a dreadful experience. And for a virologist, even more so. I could see an encyclopaedia of pathogens running through his brain.

It was a 300m dash to the loos to clean up but he couldn’t really relax until he came home and doused himself in disinfectant.

8 comments:

May said...

Bwhahaha...ohh, poor guy.

Another reason why I love my clip-on treat bag.

PS. My dog, Lia, would have loved a 2 hour romp in the park - and Hamish could keep the ball, she finds them pointless. ;)

PiNG aka Patti said...

Yikes. And here you have the perfect reason why danish supermarkets should carry ziploc bags - always go with the see-through bag for the treats!

Unknown said...

I laughed til I cried. Thank you for such a charming story!

paulh said...

funny story, I had that experience also once when I was out with our lovely tetsuya (a little whippet, greyhound breed) the bag had a little whole and it took me a while till I actually realized that some of my clothes are,....

well, the ball thing is great as soon as they love the ball you just throw it a couple of times and he's done!

Paula said...

hahahah, this was a good one!

Archaeogoddess said...

HAH! Oh, that sounds like something I would do. *Sigh* Thanks for the laugh! Ugh about the dentist - did they cap your teeth in gold or something?? Jeez.

Kelli Nørgaard said...

OMG this is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this story and tell NQDII that he has provided smiles all across Denmark....possibly the world.

DreaminginDanish said...

oh man... that is hilarious!