Friday, June 5, 2009

Ingen reklamer tak


There's something about me and the post office that doesn't marry. It never works out. Like the important document I posted 'express' at a ridiculous amount of money, back to Melbourne that took two weeks to get there.

Growing tired of coming home and finding much of the world's forests jammed through our front door, I decided enough was enough and headed off to Dansk Posten to remedy the situation.

In Denmark, you have to have an official sticker saying you don't want junk mail. You can't just put a sign up. So, off I traipsed and dutifully filled out the appropriate form and handed it over. I eagerly awaited the for the sticker to arrive so I am not quite sure what's gone wrong, but something has. That's because rather than a sticker arriving, I received the form I filled out - not in an envelope, just whacked through the door. No further instructions noted, no...nuffin.

Hmm.

7 comments:

Paula said...

aargh that sounds very frustrating. we had one of those stickers on our apartment door. it didnt stop the advertisements from coming in. One day, a man shoved in an entire package of advertisements. Thomas ran after him demanding to know why he did that. he answered that we had to 'inform' the people who send the large monthly packets of adverts by mail if we dont want them anymore. i was like 'huh'?

C and H Romenesko said...

heehee. Living here sure tests one's sense of humor! If I was an extremely cynical person, I'd say the Danish folks are pulling out all the stops to make the foreigners leave. Oh well. Sorry I've somehow passed along my bad luck with the Post on to you. I'll send positive thoughts your way and maybe the Danish post curse will go away :)

May said...

You have to be on top of Post Danmark all the time. Don't put up with any nonsense and don't be afraid to do a polite complaint.

They are actually very nice to talk to at the main complaint office and quick to admit that they've made a mistake and fix the problem. I guess it's because they are so used to it. Hah.

Kelli Nørgaard said...

always an adventure with the Danish post! for such a GREEN country, we spend soooo much on paper for reklamer!

PiNG aka Patti said...

Did you know that one of the mailboxes sold in the stores out here in the 'country' stands at regular mailbox height, but instead of it being just a box, it has a false bottom so that it can hold all the crap while you're on vacation!

Anonymous said...

im flabbergasted by the amount of junk they force thru my letter box (im also an aussie in dk). Ive got the sticker, has no affect at all, they keep shoving it in. Nice blog

NotQuiteDanish said...

Hi Paul. Well, the sticker does do the trick. You still get the local paper but that's okay.