Friday, June 5, 2009

My new Danish best friend

I wondered if I'd make a best friend in Denmark. I have. I just didn't think our first encounter would leave me feeling happily sickish the next day. In a few minutes, they helped me forget about the nagging back that's annoyed me this week, and while not saying a word, somehow completely won me over with a smooth, tempting manner - even the smell - and the way they made my mouth feel. Our encounter went on for over an hour. I was insatiable and couldn't get enough. I could almost do it all again this morning but I should resist...

And yes, I borrowed these photos of them

I may have to move to Jægerspris...



3 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Mads has a new best friend in Texas too.... BLUE BELL!!!!! The best ice cream in the world.... made right here in the lone star state!

May said...

Sadly there are no Hansen retailers near me. I like making my own icecream, but I have to admit that one thing I miss about living fairly close to Italiy is genuine Italian Fior di Latte, although that's gelato and not icecream.

NotQuiteDanish said...

Kelli: Well it must be a Libra thing

May: Imagine my disappointment yesterday. I was hoping to buy their vanilla on the way home from work but as it was Grundlovsdag, the supermarket was closed. It must have been nice, living that close to Italy...