Saturday, June 6, 2009

You know when you freak yourself out a bit?


I woke up yesterday morning and got ready for work and left at 7:40. Immediately the world felt different outside. As you can see from the pic, the main drag where I live was virtually deserted. My neurons zapped into action. Was it Saturday? I wasn't sure. Had I already done that work I'd planned to do? I didn't think I had, but maybe I did. Or had something happened like in The Day of the Triffids? Were the few people driving and cycling like nothing was wrong just in denial?

After a quick google of dates on my iPhone I discovered it was Grundlovsdag - Constitution Day. Then I remembered my company doesn't take the day off, but obviously the rest of DK does. Phew.

In May, there's a long weekend just about every week, which is great. The down side is, now there's nothing until Christmas and getting through the transition from light to dark in Oct/Nov is made all the more difficult. The government should remedy the situation. I must write to them.

Worse still, Føtex was closed and that meant I wouldn't be trying Hansens vanilla after work.

1 comment:

PiNG aka Patti said...

You can pick up that ice cream today, but then, you already knew that :)