Thursday, September 25, 2008

Coat time

Tree giving a big yawn



It had to happen eventually I guess but I now officially need a coat when cycling to work. The mornings are darker (read pitch black) when I wake up and my enthusiasm for early morning gym sessions have thumped to a dismal end. Similarly, taking Hamish out for his final toilet expedition of the day now requires a torch and usually a long-winded game of find the turd - not really something you feel like doing at 2200hr at night, I can tell you.

The leaves are starting to change everywhere but at least we have been blessed with some beautiful autumnal days with clear blue skies.

I better start buying candles and wait for everyone to start getting grumpy. :)

3 comments:

DreaminginDanish said...

giggle to the grumpiness and the search for poop. I've been dreading this whole winter in DK thing since it ended earlier this year.

May said...

Hahaha "turd find", oh I can relate to that. More often than not I give up, tell my husband the appromixate turd location, so he doesn't step in it, and then otherwise wait till morning. :)

NotQuiteDanish said...

Indra: I was really glad to say goodbye to it - not so much the cold but the dark. I wasn't manic over it but by the time the days got lighter, i was well ready for it.

May: If we had our own garden, it wouldn't bother me (so much) but we share it with 9 other flats, so in the name of good neighbourly relations I do it. That said, NQDII doesn't always and it sends me insane because I know he'll be the one to 'have a Bolshy moment' if someone tells us off. The good thing about the winter is turds freeze almost instantly. :)