Monday, March 17, 2008

My ride home tonight

This is what I rode home in tonight. It was a very 'unusual' experience. I can count the times it snowed in Melbourne in my life.

Once I was at work and looked at it from the window and once as a really little boy staying at my grandparents. I thought it was Christmas but is was July.



This is what it looks like now.




I commented to a girl I share my office with. She said, when I said it's snowing, and I quote:
"I don't believe it! It's nearly f**king summer and now it's snowing. You don't know how annoying this is..."

4 comments:

N said...

Wow...this is real snow...looks very nice.

NotQuiteDanish said...

It was nice, once I got home but it's almost all gone now. What was really lovely was the morning. A beautiful blue sky and lots of glistening snow.

We have some Aussie friends who are living in London coming over for Easter and I'm hoping it may snow a bit more before then.

Anonymous said...

for all i have been living in dk, it always snows in march/april, i don't know why people are so surprised about this and perhaps this year is more special since we had none this winter

NotQuiteDanish said...

Funny you say that because a guy at work says it always snows on his birthday (March). The only really snowy night I remember is 11th November because I started work the next day. We've had a few flurries but nothing significant - and it sounds like no one wants it.