Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And, behold! Miracles happen!








My lords, ladies and gentlemen, mesdames et monsieurs,

I feel very humbled to win this award.

I'd like to thank the Acadamy, my parents for having me and every person I've ever met, but particularly NQDII for having the magic touch, Camilla - the greatest employee at DanskeBank Frederiksberg - and even the grouchy post office lady who barked at me for not getting my ID out quick enough to pick up a parcel one day. Most of all, I would like to thank DanskeBank. It's been eight long months and I would particularly like to thank them for the last sentence in the letter, the understatement of the year: We hope you will find the card useful. (like, hello?? What can you do in Denmark without a chip??)

Thank you!

- Well, let's not get too excited now. I have the letter but not the card. Still, progress is progress!

6 comments:

N said...

Lol...you're so funny. I'm glad that you finally got the card with the chip!

Paula said...

My Danish spouse simply picked up a phone, had a conversation in Danish to the bank people- and I got my Dankort in one week. The wonders of speaking Danish in Denmark never cease..lol.

NotQuiteDanish said...

Thank you bluefish. Short of winning le gros lot, it's literally the best thing ever to happen in my life.

Paula, what can I say? Min dansk er ikke så godt men jeg prøver... But next time I am faced with such a dilemma (hopefully not for some years!), I am borrowing your husband for a phone call.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that's the one with the chip? Maybe my eyes are bad but I didn't see the word "chip" anywhere in that letter???

NotQuiteDanish said...

Oh don't say that Writer, you've got me worried now! :) No, I am sure it's a chip because only Dankort or Visa Dankorts have chips. I'm sure. I'm really sure. I think...

May said...

*lol*

Almost there now, make sure to bring along a bottle of champagne to celebrate your first chip-Dankort purchase.