Saturday, August 9, 2008

Margaritas anyone?



There are lots of Mexican restaurants in Melbourne. I’m not a huge fan of Mexican but NQDII loves it and because I’m such a good partner I agreed to dinner at one we spotted on Gothersgade a few weeks ago. It was rather nice, especially the margaritas and the waiter was kind enough to give us double shots – something I’d not experienced in DK before. They were quite delicious and the more heady I became, the more eager I was to brush the exorbitant price of them away in my head and order more. What’s money? I thought. Until I got the bill. The effect of these four margaritas went some way to softening the blow but, as I have no self-control, NQDII subtly asked if I had bought my Dankort (that is, insisted I paid the bill). ☹

I can't blame the magaritas but probably the beans and a still-warm building that made for a... rather uncomfortable night's sleep for both of us. I still can't make up my mind whether the midnight addition of our 'Melissa' fan was a help or hindrance but even the dog eventually ended up exiting his basket and the room...

Still, it was nice sitting outside in this late part of summer and, while, as I say, there are lots of Mexican restaurants in Melbourne, none of them overlook a royal castle. I must admit this week I was happy to see the end of the work-week and it took the view across the road to make me realise that I do now live somewhere rather different.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried out the all you can eat buffet there once. Wasn't all that good. There's a better Mexican restaurant in Amager, near Christianshavn st

MoMo 2.0 said...

Solution: A blender, bottle of Jose and some margarita mix...

oh wait, you will have to make your own ice! LOL
not sure which is best!!

NotQuiteDanish said...

bluefish: Can you send me the name? We didn't have the all you can eat bit. Just as well by the sound of it!

Kelli: Good idea. Where do you get it here???