Sunday, August 3, 2008

Street performers


I'm a bit of a street performer cynic but I had a quick walk along Strøget this afternoon and came across this terracotta warrior. Quite well done, I think.

There was a little old man back in winter when I was getting the metro from Frederiksberg. He'd be there at 0730 playing his accordion in dark, freezing, sleeting temperatures and always playing the same song - Oh how we danced on the night we first met - with great gusto and smile on his face. No one else was smiling at that time of the morning in those conditions, I can promise you that! I guess he's in St Tropez enjoying the summer now.

Anyway, this young guy today was very realistic. I really did think it was a statue at first and I wouldn't want to be him trying to get that sludge off tonight.

No comments: