Saturday, August 2, 2008

Summer in Copenhagen


Sun and Denmark are two words you usually don’t think of putting in the same sentence but this week you can’t not. While 25C or 27C doesn’t sound that high for Australians, I can promise you that for some reason in Denmark it feels like 35C.

My first week back at work after two weeks off saw the few of us who were at work sweltering in a lovely old office without airconditioning. Indeed, it seems there is NO airconditioning in Denmark. While that’s good new for Global Warming, it’s not so good news for workers – expat ones particularly. It didn’t help at all that I spent the entire week working on a project about central heating! By the time I cycled home every day I was literally a sweaty, smelly mess and headed straight to the shower.

I dreamt of the beach all week and fantasised about swimming in the clear, cool waters of Amager Strandparken today only to wake to an overcast sky and bad beach day weather.

I feel cheated!

1 comment:

MoMo 2.0 said...

Ok, when I complain to my friends and family in Texas about the 85 degree F temps, they tell me to suck it up because in Texas, I was used to 105 days...when I remind them I am enduring these days in a house with NO AIR CON, they quickly hush! LOL

Mads did buy ceiling fans for all our rooms, though when I arrived..and now, he admits he cannot imagine life without them!